I was reading some other blogs and it appears that spring is here! The grass that was burned earlier in March is now turning green. It doesn't look black out there anymore. The field just south of us does, but I don't think there was anything planted there.
I've got annual training this month and the boss has been out for a few days so I've had to do the whole show. We discussed 'multitasking' current issues 'teambuilding' and CRC. If you don't know what that means, I'll give you a quick overview. C=cognitive R=reflective C=communication, here is how it works. Say you observe a funny look from your kid/spouse/offender, your automatically thinking 'what's that look for' or 'what did I do'? And so we ask that you put yourself in their shoes for a moment and think what they might be thinking which might be... 'I don't like to clean my room', or 'I don't like to clean the dishes' or what an offender might say..'I've always got away with little crimes, I'm going to get away with this too. Next we ask that you REFRAME in your thinking. You've already thought about the kid's look towards you and thought 'what's that look for' and thought about his/her thinking of 'I don't like to clean my room' and so your reframe should be getting to a neutral mode or approaching them with a non-judgemental attitude, not a parental mode. Then we ask for you to plan your approach, sometimes approaching right then and there is the answer, sometimes waiting for a cool down time is better. Whatever fits the situation is best. Then start asking questions about their thoughts and feeling as it is anchored to the 'look' they gave you. You ask first 'remember when you gave me that look?' and they reply yes or no at this point you may have to narrow down the look to when it happened be very specific. When you have them anchored to that specific time, ask them what they were thinking, repeat that back to them and ask what they were feeling, repeat that back to them, and then connect the look with the thought and feeling they gave you and relate it to an affect either on them, or on other persons. Don't solve the problem leave them reflecting. That's all in a nutshell, if you choose to use this, tell me how it worked for you.

No comments:
Post a Comment