Saturday, March 15, 2008

ho hum what a day

Wow, did I do that? Unfortunately I did, I was intending to just burn the pampas grass to the south of the house. It appeared to be a very calm day, but.....the wind came up from the East and blew across our yard, the field south of us a bit and west of us. I had to call in the fire dept. from Garfield, they came with 2 trucks and put the fire out. Now we are watching the railroad ties with caution, because they are still smoldering.
This is a picture of our yard last year. The fire did not get up to the house where this picture is taken, but by the triangle set up. It came up to that point and then circled on around the back of the chain link fence.

Sounds like a little incident that Jason did when he was about 6. I guess he gets in naturally, although in my defense I was really trying small stuff.

2 comments:

Jana and Mario said...

Oops. I am glad that you have a blog! I haven't heard from you in a long time! I found your blog through Jason and Kodi's page. Hope things are great in Kansas!

Dave and Tina Schmidt said...

They are Jana, and I too found your blog from Jason and Kodi's. They just returned from Fl today and so I was looking to see if there were any updated pics. That little guy is so cute, just like Clark too. But I'm a little proud of them too.